FUTURO III Grassroots course, FIFA’s initiative on educating the football instructors at grassroots-level commenced today at Bangalore. The seminar, concentering South Asian countries will go on from Monday September 24 thru Saturday, September 28.
FUTURO III primarily focuses on educating the member association instructors in coaching, refereeing, administration and management and sports medicine.
Grassroots course is a driving force and key element of the governing body’s football development efforts. This program is aimed at getting as many people as possible involved in the game, instilling human values and, above all, bringing enjoyment to all simply by letting them take part.
FIFA FUTURO III Grassroots course will be headed by FIFA instructor Vincent Subramaniam, former National coach of Singapore and AFC instructor Chan Hiu Ming from Hong Kong.
The inauguration program was attended by Rob Baan, Technical Director, AIFF, Kushal Das, General Secratory, AIFF, Shaji Prabhakaran, FIFA Development Officer, plus several officials from the state (KSFA) and district football association (BDFA).
FIFA Development Officer, Shaji Prabhakaran said that FIFA is committed to strengthen the hands of AIFF, and fortunate that the program is happening in Bangalore, which boasts the artificial turf under FIFA's Win in India with India initiative.
This Grassroots program would be a four-day course for the instructors, followed by a football festival for the children – both boys and girls between 6 and 12 years. The last day of the event reserved for the football festival.
- Afghanistan: Eltafuddin Kahimi, Hayatullah
- Bangladesh: Bayazid Alam Zubair Nipu, Qazi Altaful Huq
- Bhutan: Ugyen Dorji, Chokey Nima
- India: John Kenneth Raj, Kundan Chandra, Surinder Singh, Hilal Rasoolparray, Tarun Roy, Maymol Rocky,
- Maldives: Ibrahim Shafiu, Ahmed Shareef
- Nepal: Kumar Thapa, Madhu Karki
- Sri Lanka: Damodaram Chandrasiri, Don Gamini Nihal Madurawala
- Fifa Instructor: Vincent Subramaniam (Singapore)
- AFC Instructor: Chan Hiu Ming (Hong Kong)
Logo courtesy: FIFA