- Thursday, April 15, 2010: The city teams couldn’t click when it matter the most. In the first match (remaining 36 minutes) HAL lost to SBT 3-2. In the last match of the qualifier, BEML pulled back the 2-goal deficit against leader Malabar United. However, they will consider themselves unlucky as they ruled out to HAL in goal difference. HAL, BEML, and SBT all have 9 points, but HAL qualifies for the next round due to a better goal difference – 7, 4, and 3 respectively.
- Wednesday, April 14, 2010: The all-important 2nd match between SBT and HAL was abandoned due to bad light and persistent rain. The match was played for 54th minute, when SBT was leading by a 19th minute goal by Md. Harris. The remaining portion of the match will be played tomorrow at 2 pm. In another inconsequential match played today, Titanium beat Chandni FC 2-1.
- Monday, April 12, 2010: Ohh, what a cracker of a qualifier Group A is coming out and it’s all going to the wire! Malabar United has played their part and they seem to be a bright contender to qualify for the final round. SBT might just miss the bus. Now comes our city teams, HAL is still unbeaten, however, a mere draw won’t do any good; BEML would get past HAL should they win the last match.
Net-net, to see both the city teams playing in the I-League 2nd division final round, they must win!
Mark you calendars for the following matches
- HAL versus SBT, Wednesday, April 14, 4 pm
- BEML versus Malabar United, Thursday, April 15, 4 pm
- Sunday, April 11, 2010: HAL leads the points table after registering a very important win and BEML must be feeling the heat after blowing the opportunity to collect 3 points today. The table would definitely topple after tomorrow’s all-important match between the 3rd and 4th placed team – Malabar United versus SBT.
- Friday, April 09, 2010: SBT gets into the fray after their 4-0 win over Titanium. After 4 rounds, the competition is hotting up among the top 4 teams. With only 2 rounds of game left, the fight is between Malabar United, BEML, SBT, and HAL. Faring well in the next round matches is crucial for these teams.
- Thursday, April 08, 2010: SBT and Titanium faces the stiff challenge of garnering at least 6 points from their next 3 games to qualify for the final round. It's virtually end of road for the Golden Threads and Chandni, with only a match left for both the teams, they are at 5 points each. After round 4, Malabar FC leads the pack with 8 points. BEML is standing next, thanks to their resurgence in the couple of games. HAL takes the 3rd spot with 6 points after their poor performance in last 3 games.
- Tuesday, April 06, 2010: HAL still leads the points table after 4 rounds. All the teams are in a position to make it to the final leg. Next round matches are significant for all the teams.