skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Bangalore Football Season 2013-14: Observations
- 8/12/2013 In the final of the Puttaiah Memorial today between MEG and HAL, with a goal down, HAL got a chance to come back to the game during injury time. MEG’s Suman handled the ball inside the penalty box from Xavier Vijaykymar’s shot. Referee promptly awarded a penalty to the Aircraftsmen. But HAL old-warhorse, J Murali’s shot hit the post and ricocheted to the field, which was then cleared by an MEG defender. Lucky MEG!
- 2/12/2013 U-19 international Anto Xavier is in magnificent form, scored a hat trick against LRDE today. Pity that he could not take his team Students Union to final. SAI needed only a point to qualify for the finals, they defeated Independents 2-0 today.
- 29/11/2013 DYES (from Group A) entered the finals of ‘A Division’ Prasanna Kumar Memorial Trophy. From Group B, SAI only need a point to reach the finals, they play their final group game on December 2.
- 27/11/2013 MEG and HAL reach final of Puttaiah Memorial. The last group match for HAL is against BEML, who have pulled out of the tournament.
- 26/11/2013 It's raining goals in the Puttaiah Memorial tourney, Hamza is firing all cylinders! 4 goals against RWF today, wow, that's quite a number!
- 21/11/2013 The match between HAL and ADE marked the comeback of HAL legend India international namma-Xavier Vijay Kumar, he combined well with RC Prakash.
Any idea how many spectators were their to welcome their hero? More than 3000, well that's impressive!
And yes, guys, who kept the goal for ADE? Former ITI custodian Mark Maskerhnas!
- 21/11/2013 Sehlenmang Dimngel, mark this name guys, his strike rate is 100% - 3 goals from as many matches!
- 20/11/2013 What is wrong with a public sector team like KGF Academy – BEML? With limited resources, they have put up a decent show in I-League Second Division last season’s (http://www.gcsstars.com/2013/02/i-league-2-division-fixture-south.html), and now they've withdrawn from Puttaiah Memorial Trophy. That’s definitely a bad sign for #BangaloreFootball.
- 20/11/2013 One the positive side, I see U-19 international Anto Xavier coming back to the game after a long injury-layoff. He’s playing for A Div team Students Union in the ongoing Prasanna Kumar Memorial Trophy and scored 2 goals from 3 matches. Let us all wish him luck and hope he continues his good form.
Post a Comment