BDFA Super Division champions FC Bengaluru United (FCBU) have signed new players as they work on fine-tuning their squad in their bid to mount a challenge for domestic honours in the 2021 – 22 Season. The addition of defenders Kinshuk Debnath, Dharmaraj Ravanan, Thokchom James Singh, George D’Souza, Yumnam Gopi Singh, Kynsailang Khongsit, Shelton Paul, Melroy Fernandes, and Nihal Colaco. will add significant depth to the FCBU squad and strengthen the defensive backline, bring in energy, freshness, and balance.
- Kinshuk Debnath - the 36-year-old right fullback is a seasoned campaigner with notable big match experience during his stints with Mohun Bagan, Mohammedan SC, East Bengal and Atletico de Kolkata. Debnath has spent the bulk of his professional career representing Kolkata clubs, and will likely play a key role for the Bengaluru outfit during their 2021 Durand Cup campaign, which will be held in Kolkata from 5th September.
- Dharmaraj Ravanan – the centre back is another player who will add experience and championship winning know-how to the FCBU squad. The 34-year-old defender from Tamil Nadu is a veteran of 138 I-League appearances, and a two-time winner of the Durand Cup with Mahindra United and Churchill Brothers. He has also led the Goan club to the I-League (2013) and Federation Cup (2014) titles as their Captain. Ravanan’s addition will shore up the heart of the FCBU defence.
- Thokchom James Singh – the 21-year-old Manipuri centre back, who joins the club on a free transfer from I-League side TRAU FC. The young defender played for Neroca FC at youth level, before going on to represent Sagolband United and TRAU FC.
- George D’Souza – the 27-year-old left fullback, who joins FCBU on a loan deal from ISL side Odisha FC. A dead ball specialist with natural attacking instincts, the versatile left back was often deployed further up the pitch as an out and out winger for Goa Pro League side Sporting Goa.
- Yumnam Gopi Singh – the 22-year-old Manipuri footballer who plays as a left-sided midfielder. A versatile athlete, Singh has also often been fielded centrally as an attacking midfielder. After beginning his career in the I-League at Neroca FC, Singh joined ISL side ATK, where he played primarily for the reserve team. He finally got his chance to play in the ISL in the 2020-21 season with East Bengal.
- Kynsailang Khongsit - the 22-old defender hails from Shillong, where he came through the ranks of hometown club Royal Wahingdoh FC. After spending a considerable part of his youth career there, Khongsit moved to Shillong Lajong in the summer of 2017. Khongsit racked up 22 appearances in the I-League for Shillong Lajong over his two seasons at the club.
- Melroy Fernandes – he has played for prominent Goa clubs in the Goa Pro League and I-League over the last decade, joins as the third goalkeeper in the squad.
- Shelton Paul – the local Bengaluru boy is a promising winger.
- Nihal Colaco- another local boy who is making a comeback to the squad, following his recovery from injury.